Your skin doesn’t dramatically change its appearance once you turn 30, but every day it matures just like the rest of your body. To be able to enjoy this natural process, we put together an easy step-by-step skincare routine you can follow to keep looking attractive and beautiful in your 30s.
The differences that start to be noticeable in your skin are usually caused by changes in levels of hormones, especially in women’s skin. Hormonal changes result in deeper wrinkles and more lines on your face, and you might lose the previous tightness of your skin. Some women even experience acne or pigmentations from sunburn as they age. Do not despair, though! There are many ways to keep your body looking great.
Our 5-step skincare routine for your 30s
1. Start your skincare routine by cleansing your skin; wash your face thoroughly every morning and evening. Use a separate skincare product for your face and for your body. Clean skin is the best start for your daily skincare routine.
2. A gentle exfoliation will remove dead skin cells. Your skin renews itself during the night while you’re sleeping, and you will greatly improve this natural process by exfoliating twice a week in the evening.
3. Protect your skin by using sunscreen and a moisturiser or body serum. Sunscreen is essential even during the darker months of the year, and significantly delays the aging of your skin. Over time, your skin gets drier, so moisturising it will make it look and feel younger.
4. Apart from skincare, you should remember to generally stay healthy and hydrated on the inside. Drink a lot of water; around 10 glasses should be enough. Alcohol, tobacco, caffeine and sugar have negative effects on your skin, so you should focus on a healthy, varied diet with plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables. Vitamin supplements containing vitamin E and C will help to keep your skin elastic and fresh.
5. Reducing stress in your life has a very positive effect not only on your mental well-being but also on your skin. Exercise, spending time with loved ones and a good, relaxing hobby helps you dealing with stress. Try different things and find out what works best for you!
IONIQ One for your 30s
There isn’t one secret ingredient to looking and feeling great, but many! You don’t have to follow every single step in this body care routine religiously. Instead, choose what works best for you, and you’ll notice the difference in no time. Not only will your skin thank you, but your whole body as well. With a good diet, exercise and less stress, you will also feel a lot younger! If you want to get your hands on more body care tips, subscribe to our newsletter or learn more on our blog.